Development of SQL-Adapter

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Hi,

I wanted to ask, in how far your development of the SQLAdapter keeps moving. Will there be a version with total Linq2SQL-functionality? I tried it, but it seems there are a lot of things not working. Is there a possible date for the next release?
If I'm wrong and maybe implemented the SQL-functionality in a wrong because it should be working, could you please add an example of the SQL-functionality in here?

Greetings

Sebastian
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM
Hi Sebastian

I don't understand what you really want to do. Do you just want to use Linq to SQL over network or an other SQL adapter?
The commited sample for Linq To SQL is not working because of some changes in the .dbml file format from beta 2 to the final version of Visual Studio 2008. I'll try to fix that soon.

Greetings

doMCon
Feb 16, 2008 at 4:14 AM
I did not find your sample, where can I find it? Maybe I did not know how to use Interlinq with Linq to SQL correctly. As I used it, many errors occured. I could use methods like Count() and it worked correctly but methods like Last() did not work and the service said, these methods weren't supported. Also I could not send a Single()-command to get a single entry in my table, but I will wait for your example, maybe I've done something wrong.
In fact I only want to send a query from the Client to the Service, where the SQL-Server lies, so that the Client tells the Service, give me all entries from customers, aged older than 20 and the service sends the entries to the client as an IQueryable.

Greetings Sebastian