InterLinq dead?

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:21 PM
the last release was in 2007?! what's the deal here? Anyone still alive on this project?

regards, Tilli
Jan 21, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Unfortunately it does look as though it is.. however I must thank them as this work proved most useful for our LOB application which uses a heavily modified Interlinq implementation (we support change tracking, entity relationships, querying over those relationships, persisted enum properties on entities + using enums in queries etc.). There was also a couple of fixes needed to make it play nice with EF. When I have time I and if anyone is interested I could post our modifications with examples of usage.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Hey there,

Our project seems to be allmost dead. This is because my friend and I started to "really" work after we finished our studies in computer science. I'm highly interested in continuing this project.

Your work sounds great. Did you took the source of InterLINQ or just reimplemented the idea? How about the availability of your project? Is it free, OpenSource or something like this?

Regards, Pascal
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Hi,

Our modifications are on the latest InterLINQ sourcecode available from this site. As our app is internal to the company I work for the code is not up anywhere at the moment... however I had the foresight to keep all the InterLINQ modifications within the Interlinq project itself, so I can tidy her up and post it here for you guys to pick apart at some point - who knows, maybe it will even become the basis for a version 0.3? =)

I must say its working extremely well for us at the moment!

I'll see what I can get done this weekend.
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Hi Rob and Pascal,

thanks for the response and Rob, that sounds great!!! I am just starting to dig into EF and realized I need something like interlinq to make it work in a n-Tier Application to be able to make use of linq within the client as well. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on your codebase!

If you’re unable to produce a publishable version, please send me the stuff you have so I can work with that!

Best regards, Tilli

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Hi,

Looking forward to this and if you need any help just say so :).

Bogdan

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Hi Rob

I wrote to you already about the Entity Framework. I tried out to produce a working example with EF, just like the SimpleExample. In my model I have an Employee class. I used the provided EntityFrameworkQueryHandler in the Project InterLinq.EntityFramework. My Linq query looks like this:

var
selectAllEmployees = from a in clientQueryHandler.GetTable<Employee>() select a;

Console
.WriteLine("{0} Employees are stored on the server.", selectAllEmployees.Count());

When I execute the Query, I get an exception which has the following innerException:
{"'Employee' could not be resolved in the current scope or context. Make sure that all referenced variables are in scope, that required schemas are loaded, and that namespaces are referenced correctly., near escaped identifier."}

When I debugged the code I found that the Exception was thrown in the SerializableExpressionConverter-Class in the end of InvokeMethodCall at the following line:

return
( (MethodInfo) ex.Method.GetClrVersion() ).Invoke( ex.Object, args.ToArray() );

Did you have the same problem and if yes, how could you solve it?

Kind regards

Simon

Edit: I found the reason, it had nothing to do with the InterLinq-Framework. I called my EntitySet Name "Employees" but InterLinq created the E-SQL Query "[Employee]" after my Class name as you can see in the EntityFrameworkQueryHandler:

public

IQueryable<T> GetTable<T>() where T : class {
    return m_objectContext.CreateQuery<T>( string.Format( "[{0}]", typeof( T ).Name ) );
}

So to get the Entity Framework to work with InterLinq you have to leave the Entity Set names the same as the Entity-Class names, then it works.

Kind regards

Simon