InterLINQ General Discussion

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2007 at 1:26 PM
Feedback, questions and comments to InterLINQ 0.1.
Nov 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM
Hi,

I'm in a research to find a solid solution to use linq over wcf (hosted on IIS), and it seems you've done a great piece of code.
Can you please provide an example about client/server usage of your work ?

Best Regards
Serdar
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2007 at 3:27 PM
Hi Sirmak

We just committed Version 0.2 some seconds ago. Please have a look at the source code to see the usage of InterLINQ.
Server code:
IQueryHandler handler;
ServerQueryWcfHandler server = new ServerQueryWcfHandler( handler );
server.Start();

Client code:
ClientQueryWcfHandler client = new ClientQueryWcfHandler();
client.Connect();

Best Regards
Manuel Bauer
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2007 at 8:18 AM
Hi,

Sorry about the late commit of the source code of InterLINQ 0.2.
We had some problems committing the code over the svn bridge but now it's online.

Pascal
Nov 14, 2007 at 10:42 AM
Edited Nov 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM
Hi Manuel and Pascal

Thank you very much for your huge effort. I'll try to use it immediately.
I want to use Interlinq in a iis hosted web service (using wcf). Service will include interlinq dll, dbmls and a database conncetion. So, the remote clients will only need a web reference including serialized dbml classes and the interlinq dll.

Best Regards
Serdar
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Hi Serdar

Thank you for your interest in InterLINQ.
Please notice, that at the moment InterLINQ with LINQ to SQL will not support the serialization of EntitySet<T> / EntityRef<T> classes. This issue is not a problem of InterLINQ, we just re-write expressions and execute them. We'll maybe test it later when .NET 3.5 is released or a proper way to solve this problem is known.

Best Regards
Manuel
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:14 PM
I am VERY excited to see your effort to serialize query criteria for linq. I am testing the beta 3 release of Microsoft's ADO.NET Entity Framework and was wondering if there will be any effort to support Linq to Entities? I really love how Linq to Entities returns strongly typed objects and supports a single business object mapped to multiple database tables as well as inheritence.

If you had an adapter for Linq to Entities, I believe you would fill the missing hole needed for the Entity Framework to work in n-tier scenarios.

So, any chance for a Linq to Entities adapter?
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM
Hi trevorw

Yes, there will by a LINQ to Entities adapter.
I wrote one today but it is really untested. You can download it in the Release section and the soure code is online as well.

Writing the LINQ to Entites adapter I noticed that our tests don't build using the released version of Visual Studio 2008. I'll fix that soon.

Best Regards
Pascal