InterLinq and LINQ2SQL Auto generated classes

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Hi There,

I just stumbled upon your wonderful project while trying to find a way to send query results from a server to a client using a web service. I've taken a look at your examples and noticed that the base object you send has some attributes placed on the class itself and its members. my question is, will InterLinq work with the dynamically generated classes created from a .dbml file? modifying the classes that are generated isnt the best idea because they will most likely be overwritten if the object model needs to be modified.

is there currently a solution for this scenario? or is this a future feature?

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2008 at 7:21 AM
Hi

InterLINQ doesn't solve the problem of serializing the querys result. The main target of InterLINQ is to transfer queries to the server and execute them.
I think there is a way to send the classes created from a .dbml file over network. The main problem is the serialization of the EntitySet and EntityRef classes.
I'm not up to date on this problem but have a look at my favorite blog for .NET and LINQ: http://oakleafblog.blogspot.com/

Greetings

doMCon
Feb 18, 2008 at 2:02 PM

domcon wrote:
Hi

InterLINQ doesn't solve the problem of serializing the querys result. The main target of InterLINQ is to transfer queries to the server and execute them.
I think there is a way to send the classes created from a .dbml file over network. The main problem is the serialization of the EntitySet and EntityRef classes.
I'm not up to date on this problem but have a look at my favorite blog for .NET and LINQ: http://oakleafblog.blogspot.com/

Greetings

doMCon

after some more research, i realized that the solution to my problem of not being able to send query results to a client via WCF was the simple fact that i did not enable unidirectional serialization on my dbml. once i did that i was very easily able to execute a query on the server and send the results to the client.

thanks for your reply and perhaps in the future i will need to take another look at InterLINQ.
Feb 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Atmospherian wrote:

domcon wrote:
Hi

Greetings

doMCon

after some more research, i realized that the solution to my problem of not being able to send query results to a client via WCF was the simple fact that i did not enable unidirectional serialization on my dbml. once i did that i was very easily able to execute a query on the server and send the results to the client.

thanks for your reply and perhaps in the future i will need to take another look at InterLINQ.

Excellent, it solved my problem as well, as i tried to send a query to the server and then send the result to the client, so I used Interlinq to send the Query and by using unidirectional serialization, the Server could send the result to the client.
Also thanks
Feb 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM
sry, I posted it twice