InterLinq, Silverlight 4 and .net 4

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hi there i have recently downloaded a copy of interlinq. I have done a few bug fixes and improvements I will list them below:

• Fixed the issue with anonymous types with more then 5 properties. (as notified by Schriek)
  • I have added support for soap, and open generic types (not bounded but weakly bounded)
  • I have converted the entire solution to silverlight 4 where I did most of the major changes.

I would like to share this work with everyone but I am not sure what to do I was thinking about starting another project in codeplex or github. 

There are some improvements I would like to do for the silverlight library which are:

• Add a message inspector to the client and server that serialize the expressions to binary to improve the performance (which currently is not a problem even serializing the expressions to soap envelops I am getting speed of 50+/- milliseconds for results coming back and that is with soap sending expression full of joins and returning 100 records back).
  • Add support for ObjectDataContext or DataContext style of client context where once you create your service and add an reference to your application a ClientContext class is generated that mimics the object model with IQueryable<T> and adds automatically all function imports and custom service methods.

There are more things i thinking about but they are not fully formed yet.

I will keep everyone updated.

Lastly I would like to say how impressed I am with the quality of this project, and the concept well ahead of it day.

I hope the InterLinq Framework continues to move forward since I a firm believer that it should sit next to the likes of Ria Services and WCF Data Service I even would say with enough effort and some loving it will surpass them. 

Kind Regard to the project Coloborators and the community

DMPortella

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Daniel -

Excellent work.  I am very interested in where you are going with this.

I am researching & evaluating all data layers with support both Silverlight and WPF/Winforms.  WCF Data Services, WCF RIA Services, DevForce - none of them are where I need to be.

I would like to use InterLINQ to expose LLBLGen Pro object graphs as IQueryable on the server. Notice: On matter of principle - I don't want the client to define the fetch / prefetch paths.  I want the server to define the fetch behind the IQueryable and then consume the IQueryable on the client-side to add filtering to the server-side query.

What are you using for client-side data objects?  For change tracking?

Looking forward to hearing more, Daniel...

Ryan

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hello DMPortella,

I am very interested in your solution - escpecially if it works in context of Silverlight.

Did you check it in or is it somewhere else available?

Thanx a lot in advance

Carsten

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I've updated dmportellas fork a lot, so that it works with SL5, supports subquerys in where, ... https://github.com/jogibear9988/Interlinq-2
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM
That's pretty cool man. We should merge it all into one place .
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM
What I really like to do is get the 101 tests for linq working in interlinq. That would be cool